Christian Education at Wayside offers a wide variety of opportunities to nurture personal faith for every member of the family. That is not to say that faith is only private or individualistic, for we believe that faith grows in community and if it is to mature it must include group experiences. Remember that Jesus said he would be wherever two or three (or more) are gathered.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday mornings at 9:45 am
Issues of Faith is a speaker series hosted by Wayside Church each Sunday morning at 9:45 am and covers a wide variety of topics.
Adult Bible Study and other adult topics are offered periodically on Sunday mornings and/or Wednesday evenings. Check our calendar for these opportunities.
- Stronger Seniors Class: Held every Thursday during the fall at 9:45 am, this class is geared towards those with balance and mobility issues. This chair exercise helps with flexibility and stamina as well as helping to strengthen muscles.
- Fall & Spring Convocations: A weekend event that features local and national speakers.
- Daily Devotionals: Advent and Lenten brochures and “These Days”. Materials are available at our Information Table in the lobby.
- Wayside Library Books: We are fortunate as a church to have an in-house library with several excellent materials. Recorded copies of the sermon are also available for checkout.
- Intergenerational Events: We begin and end the year with these programs and offer one during Advent and the other during Lent for all ages
- “The Way of Prayer”: Will be offered on Sunday mornings during the Sunday School hour and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm following the Fellowship Dinner. The course will run for 11 weeks with a cost of $10 per participant for materials.